Wine and Micro$oft Office

Christophe christophe27 at gmx.net
Sat Nov 8 17:53:14 CST 2003

Hi Clark

Thank you for your answer

Summary of the pb:

>> Both M$ programms start and shout for MsCreate.dir. And it is impossible
>> either to open nor to save a doc. (Actually dialog boxes i.e. open won't
come
>> up)

Clark's answer :

> To fix that symptom with Word2K, I needed to add the following to my
>~/.wine/config file, with the corresponding native DLL installed.
>
>[AppDefaults\\winword.exe\\DllOverrides]
>"oleaut32"     = "native, builtin" (I even did "native" alone)
>"ole32"        = "native, builtin" (I even did "native" alone)
>"comctl32"     = "native"
>"rpcrt4"       = "native"
>
>[AppDefaults\\winword.exe\\Version]
>"Windows" = "win98"

After inserting your suggestions in the 'config' file, and in order to keep
Wine happy, I found these 4 dlls on my NT installation and copied them into
the Windows\System directory of Wine so Wine can access the native versions of
dlls.
((Do you reckon this is a pb that I used NT versions of dlls ? I don't think
so since you copied your from a Win2k ~=~ nt50))

I inserted the same lines for excel.exe (wich is the one prg I first need to
get working)

Running excel.exe, my error status under Wine changed to :
> fixme:ntdll:NtConnectPort (0x40575a30,L"\\RPC
Control\\epmapper",0x408513f0,(nil),(nil),(nil),0x40851368,0x408513e8 (120)),stub!
> fixme:ntdll:NtRequestWaitReplyPort ((nil),0x40851418,0x40851418),stub!
> fixme:win32:SetCriticalSectionSpinCount critsection=0x653c6230:
spincount=1000 not supported

In addition to this, excel says it cannot access linked objects. Which is
new then, even if I already knew that fact with wine. And after this, beeps
once more and freezes.

I guessed I had to make ntdll.dll accessible to native, but it did not
change anything. Nor as builtin. I also tried to changed the "Wine version" to
nt40 and still no result.

With winword, I get the same errors but Winword keeps running. Only that I
still cannot open nor save a document (=the original pb). Winword says "not
enough memory available", as previously.

But I have the impression I am coming further, and that your comment
helped.thx. Do you have any new suggestion ? could you pls mail me your config file
so I can see what else I could have to change ?

Christophe