[Microsoft Flight Simulator 98] how to run it

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Tue Nov 11 12:49:38 CST 2003

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 01:23 pm, you wrote:
> Does someone managed to make Microsoft Flight Simulator 98 running ?
>
> Searching the application database (http://appdb.winehq.com/) was not
> sucessfull.
>
> Jérôme

	Ummmmmmm.......FS98? Wow. :) I've tried CFS2 and some other MS games, not
much luck. FS98 is not a 3D accelerated app, is it? If not, you might have
better luck. Best way to find out is just try it. That said........FS98 is
ancient. While I doubt the latest MSFS versions will run in WINE, X-Plane
runs nicely. :) http://x-plane.com Some issues with joystick support in the
latest version, I couldn't get my Sidewinder working but I think someone
commented (either here or on a Linux list) that they got at least partial
joystick functionality on their setup.

	-Matt Bailey