Unhandled Expection on Debian

Luke Miller lukemill at alphalink.com.au
Mon Nov 17 23:39:02 CST 2003

Hello.

I downloaded the source for 20031016 and compiled it. I am on a debian
system so I apt-get removed wine and libwine ... I did a wineinstall and
everything seem to go well.

But now when I run some programs (which I have seen working in wine
before) wine whigs out with errors such as:
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000b), starting debugger...
and
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...

 From my primitive understanding of wine I think this is a problem to do
with my install. Either the registry files are not good, the original
debian version is haunting the new version or I have not configured it
properly.

I don't think it is a DLL problem (yet). Although this is a window-less
install, I did dig out my old win 98 CD and extract the dlls (it helped
not a whit).

Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?
Thanks,
Luke