heap error while trying to run TrueSync Dekstop

Pierre Lison lisonpierre at village.uunet.be
Wed Nov 19 21:08:58 CST 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to run the "TrueSync Desktop" app (the equivalent of Hotsync
for non-Palm handhelds, but without any Linux port, unfortunately), and
I get the following error:

err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 40360000: in-use arena 403e7eb8
next block has PREV_FREE flag
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...

The loading screen "TrueSync Desktop" is shown, but it doesn't go any
further.

I'm using wine-20031016 (compiled with the -npt1 option), and a debian
distro with a custom kernel compiled with 2,6,0-test9.

Most windows app. I tested ran without problem.  Please note that I
tried Wine for only a few days, so I'm quite a newbie on the matter.

Do you have any idea on how to fix this?  Thank you for your help,

--
Pierre Lison, étudiant