wine newbie wonders about wine messages

Ralf Juengling juenglin at cse.ogi.edu
Fri Nov 21 22:05:14 CST 2003

I'm new to Wine, just installed wine-20031118 without an installed
Windows on my machine. I wonder whether the following is normal:

Starting Wine's notepad.exe, I get:
err:module:NE_LoadBuiltinModule loaded .so but dll krnl386.exe still not
found
err:module:NE_LoadBuiltinModule loaded .so but dll gdi.exe still not
found
err:module:NE_LoadBuiltinModule loaded .so but dll user.exe still not
found

notepad starts up and seems to be functional (although more error
messages are dumped to the console when using it).

Could somebody explain what these message mean?

Thanks,
Ralf

--
Ralf Juengling <juenglin at cse.ogi.edu>