Crossover Office Source Code Licensing?

Ali-Reza Anghaie ali at packetknife.com
Mon Nov 24 22:36:04 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 22:45, S. W. B. wrote:
> I was wondering, if I download the sources for crossover office (
> http://www.codeweavers.com/site/products/source/ ) and compile it, can I
> use Crossover Office for free?  Are the sources they provide current, aka
> release 2.1?  Thanks for the help!

They provide the sources to the components that were Open Source to
start with... as required. That doesn't mean you'll get the same
results, it's not integrated at that point, no support, etc.

So no, you don't get the '2.1' release built for you. But they certainly
provide the source to what they ship, the OSS components at least, as
required by the original licenses.

Cheers, -Ali

--
OpenPGP Key: 030E44E6