Lack of space to install pgm?

Jack Heller KB7NO at att.net
Tue Nov 25 23:06:58 CST 2003

	I installed WINE in Red Hat 8 using an rpm installation, and it has been a
learning experience to say the least.
	I am trying to install a small communication program that comes in an .exe
file called MixW.  It very nearly installs.  After examining the file
structure and tweaking the path to Program Files directory, it gets to the
point where it says there is not enough room to install the program and that
I must free up 5 Mbytes to make room.  That would be on the high side of
space needed for the program.
	The directory under Program Files has been made by the install process and
there should be plenty of room.
	I do not have a copy of Windows on the machine.  Do I need to manually make a
directory to make up for something missing because Windows is not there?
	I thought the problem was in the config file and dinked with that for a few
days and determined the default config file is doing its job and just about
everything is back to original and it is working about the same as when I
began.
	Obviously, I am not a programmer, but I try to figure these things out.
Sometimes, it gets confusing.  This one did.  Help!
      Thanks, Jack  in Carson City, NV