Winword keeps on running Configuration Setup

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Nov 27 12:25:56 CST 2003

Alfredo P. Ricafort wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently running this version of wine
> (wine-20031118-1rh9winehq.i386.rpm) on a RH9 OS.
>
> I installed MS Word 2000 and everything went well.  However, every time
> I run MS Word, the configuration setup screen would appear.  But after
> that, it seems that MS Word runs OK.

I can't be sure it will fix it. But try executing "wineboot" once. This
in theory handles the cleanup tasks that under Windows will occur when
you are required to reboot after a program installation.

> There are also a number of messages coming out (see below).

Well, the easiest way to "fix" those messages is to run word as
something like:
wine --debugmsg fixme-all -- c:/Program\ Files/Microsoft\
Office/Office/winword.exe

That is of course made a lot easier butu creating an alias so that you
only have to type something like "word".