Gimp 1.3 for Windows

TechChiq techchiq at hotpop.com
Thu Nov 27 12:50:49 CST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 11:33, Olaf Leidinger wrote:
> I've downloaded the latest version of gimp-1.3-setup for windows, which
> is compiled for i686 or better. Although I have an athlon xp and I can
> install this binary version using "real" windows, I can't install it
> using wine. Setup sais "This version of gimp is compiled for Pentium 2
> or better and will not run on this computer".
> I don't know the windows api very well and I don't know how to detect
> the cpu-type using windows api, but I guess wine doesn't tell setup the
> right cpu-type, doesn't it?
>
> Is there perhaps a workaround? I'd like to know gtk works using wine.

Why do you want to use a Windows version of Gimp via Wine on Linux?? You
can get the latest LINUX version of Gimp at http://www.gimp.org/ and it
would run natively in Linux without the need to go through all that.

TechChiq
Home Page: http://members.fortunecity.com/techchiq/
Linux User # 331707, Machine # 216034 (http://counter.li.org)