invoquing wine

christophe christophe27 at gmx.net
Fri Nov 28 06:13:10 CST 2003

Hi Fabian,

I tried this already, sorry, I should have mentionned too.
I even made a small script like this (for those who have interests in) :

 #!/bin/bash
 #
 ## -------- convert unix path into wine path with z:\ ---------
        if [ -z "$1" ]; then
                 echo usage: $0 /unix/path/to/file
                 exit
        fi
        echo "\"z:"$(pwd)/$1\" | sed 's/\//\\/g'
 ## eof

for instance, I give :
=> cups-pdf/esf.pdf
and I get :
=> "z:\home\christophe27cups-pdf\esf.pdf" (including the " signs)

Then the problem is still whole :
* why can I start 'acroread cups-pdf/esf.pdf ' if you say I should use a
windows semantic
* why does it work when givng in 'acroread
"z:\home\christophe27\cups-pdf\esf.pdf"' but not working with 'acroread
$(into_wine.sh cups-pdf/esf.pdf)'

____________Reply to_________________

>I use wine to invoke Acrobat.
>I made a shortcut like this to acroread :
>"exec wine -- /mnt/disk/wtravail/applis-perso/adobe/Acrobat/Acrobat.exe $1
>2>/dev/null"
>to get it started.
>
>Can anyone explain why I sometimes get "file open error : file doesn't exist"
>?
>I tested following :
>acroread esf.pdf => works
>acroread cups-pdf/esf.pdf => works (with relativ dir.)
>acroread ~/cups-pdf/esf.pdf => doesn't work (whereas dir. cups-pdf is in my
~)
>acroread /home/christophe27/cups-pdf/esf.pdf => doesn't work

The filepath is a parameter to Acrobat, not to wine, so it should be
Windows notation, like C:\cups-pdf\esf.pdf. Make sure you have the
needed path set to a drive in the config file.

bye  Fabi