wineserver and kernel 2.6-test10

motaboy80 at supereva.it motaboy80 at supereva.it
Fri Nov 28 13:12:59 CST 2003

Hi.

I've tried GTA3 on wine with the kernel 2.6-test10 and I've found it a lot
faster than with the 2.4.22.
The problem is that the games is very fast but it's not smooth, once a second
it'll block for some millseconds but this not happen always and not with the
same frequency... this happens the same with or without kernel preemption.

After some tryes I've discovered that renicing the "wineserve" process to a a
low priority (for example +19) correct this problem and the game become very
smooth and fast...

Someone know why ????
I'm using the nvidia closed source drivers with the nvidia GLX acceleration. I
don't know if this happend

Bye
--
Simone