Winword keeps on running Configuration Setup

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Fri Nov 28 15:24:03 CST 2003

Alfredo P. Ricafort wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 02:25, Duane Clark wrote:
>

>>I can't be sure it will fix it. But try executing "wineboot" once. This
>>in theory handles the cleanup tasks that under Windows will occur when
>>you are required to reboot after a program installation.
>>

> I've done that many times but it doesn't seem to fix the problem.  Is
> there something that I can do with the the registry  to fix the problem?
>
> Thanks.

I really don't know. I have a fresh RH9 system (2.4.20-6), a fresh Wine
installation (from CVS), and a Word2K installation CD. So I installed
it, and was rather surprised that the installation actually worked under
Wine. Yes I had to click through some error boxes, but it completed and
Word works for me just fine, and I have never seen the "Configuration
Setup" dialog.

About the only things I do non-standard, is I configure Wine as:

[Version]
"Windows" = "win2k"

And when installing Word2K, I make sure to deselect the installation of
"Office Assistant".