wineserver and kernel 2.6-test10

Simone Gotti motaboy80 at supereva.it
Fri Nov 28 16:35:49 CST 2003

On Friday 28 November 2003 21:55, Duane Clark wrote:

> That sounds like what might happen with "magicdev", which is used for
> automatically detecting and mounting a CDROM. Try disabling that. In
> Redhat there is a control panel for configuring this, but I don't know
> about on your system.

Thanks, but I don't have magicdev and I've tried disabling all the services
and using only the console to start an X session with only wine.

The problem is that with the kernel 2.6 "wineserver" uses more CPU time than
with the 2.4 kernel, for this fact if I renice it with a low priority all
works well, I think this is an issue with a function of the new kernels...

Bye
--
Simone Gotti
<motaboy80 at supereva.it>