Wrong USER.EXE and nothing working...

James role.wine at axoria.net
Sun Oct 19 12:37:52 CDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 18:07, Duane Clark wrote:

> It sounds like you did not uninstall the original RH version of Wine.
> It  might be a bit tricky to uninstall at this point. One possibility
> is to get the RH CD, and do an "rpm -qlp winepackage.rpm" to find out
> all the files it installed, and try deleting them. You likely will end
> up deleteing some files from the current package so you might have to
> force install it again.

Ah, yes ... I did wonder if that might be the case, so I did remove all
the RPMs and manually removed /etc/wine and ~/.wine to be sure. After
uninstalling, I re-installed (which didn't need the --force coz I'd
removed the previous package.)

I am curious about having to manually delete all files from the old
package. I only worried about config. directories because usually an RPM
upgrade (-Uvh for example) will sort out replacement/addition/deletion
of binaries. Just to be sure, I've uninstalled again, but this time
deleted all those files as you mentioned, but sadly it still seems to be
the same. It's an odd one, certainly. Any ideas maybe?!?

Thanks for your comments & advice so far!

--
Best regards,
James.