Unhandled exception error (first time user)

James role.wine at axoria.net
Mon Oct 20 01:58:37 CDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 22:26, Jason wrote:

> So i've been wanting to run some windows programs on my linux box and
> i heard the i should try WINE.  I downloaded the RPM for rh9.  Used
> the  rpm -iv wine*.rpm command and the computer sat there thinking and
> doing its thing and then stops.

The RPM installed okay for me -- you might want to try "rpm -ivh"
instead of just "rpm -iv" because that shows you a progress-bar made of
hash symbols. It's quite nice feedback of progress whilst installing.

> So i try to run the notepad command and see if it all worked but all i
> get it the "wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting
> debugger..." error whats going on here?
> i am running rh9 with a PIII, 256MB, 10GIG HD... any ideas?

I had the same problem here, even though my RPM seemed to install okay.
I'm on rh8 though. I've used Wine in previous versions successfully, so
I am not sure what's going on now with 20031016 that's giving rise to
this error. I can offer more tests & information if someone is able to
tell me what else I should investigate!

Fingers crossed ;)

--
Best regards,