wine user-friendliness

olorin5 at gazeta.pl olorin5 at gazeta.pl
Tue Oct 21 07:29:00 CDT 2003

------ Wiadomość oryginalna ------
Od:    da Black Baron <dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net>
Data:  2003-10-21 02:39
Temat: Re: wine user-friendliness

> Did you get it working?

well, not yet, though the fight has been long.
There were many variants with the full path to
the windows executable - with/without the
quotation marks, then I tryed this with *.pdf's:
putting

wine start xyz.pdf

as I was advised into the "command-line" or even

wine start $1

(or %1) into that beforementioned script, but with no
result - acroread launches and says that the
file does not exist(1), or doesn't start at all(2).
So I still don't know precisely how the script should
look like (sorry, I'm rather new to all this).
Or is there another method?

I really wouldn't like to use "ROS Explorer" -
the integration with kde would surely be much worse,
it wouldn't give me all this I got using konqueror.

thanks,
bartek

--
Reklama: Promocja jesienna SAS! Zapraszamy na http://www.scandinavian.net/ Bilety lotnicze do 11 miast Skandynawii i USA. Nowy Jork juz od 349 USD + oplaty lotniskowe.