autocadlt - 2000 with wine subscribe

bruce bbales at cox.net
Thu Oct 23 22:41:01 CDT 2003

I am trying to run autocadlt-2000 with wine.  Running Redhat 7.2.  Wine
version wine-20030508.  Dual booted with windows 98.

I can run some of the windows games with wine.  A little slow, but
otherwise OK.

When I start autocadlt, it all seems to come up - I have the pallette
and all the icons, but all greyed out, then an alert comes up with
"Access denied  C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\UNDO.ac$"

On retry, I get a message, "To access file in readonly directory, you
must configure a temp file location other than DRAWING."  Another click
and it all terminates.

Looks like acad is trying to make a file in c:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ which is
owned by root and can't be changed.  Can't change owner or permissions.
My wine.conf has an entry for a temp file as follows:
[Drive G]
"Path" = "/tmp"
"Type" = "hd"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
I have read the howot and searched the archives and tried google with
negative results.
Any help would be appreciated,
bruce