Unhandled exception error again

Jason limit_of_shunt at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 14:59:39 CST 2003

Lastnight i formatted by machine and started over with a fresh install of
Red Hat 9 (i had been having some other problems with another program and
decided it would be easier to just do a fresh install).  So i did a full
install of every single package (that way i would be sure i was not missing
anything).
so i downloaded the wine-20031016-1rh9winehq.i686.rpm file (my system is on
i686)
i use the command rpm -Uvh wine*.rpm
it shows the install progress and finishes leaving me with the command
prompt
i decided to try notepad, so i type in notepad and get the error:
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:seh:EXE_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr
0x401644c5

so whats the deal?  i know i have the right version for my build of linux.
Does anyone have an older version of wine for rh9 that i could try?  I am
fairly new to linux so any explanations you give i am going to need pretty
detailed instructions.

thanks!
-jason