libntdll.dll.so

Oscar Garcia noskarg at telefonica.net
Mon Sep 8 19:23:35 CDT 2003

Hello,

I am quite new in this, and I have not been able to figure out what the
problem can be after looking at the documentation for quite a long
time.  I guess that it will be a stupid mistake, though.

I have RedHat9.0 and have installed wine with the .rpm for this
distribution available at sourceforge.net.  When I try to execute the
binaries 'wine' or 'winecfg' I get the following error message:

        "/usr/bin/wine: error while loading shared libraries:
        libntdll.dll.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
        directory"

the file 'libntdll.dll.so' (which is in /usr/lib/wine) is a soft link to
ntdll.dll.so (a file that currently exists).  Should I set some
environment variable to make that soft-link reachable?  Any one can help
me with that error message?

Thank you very much,
Oscar