ERROR ON INSTALL

Jeff Richards jefsky1 at att.net
Sat Sep 13 15:57:41 CDT 2003

I tried installing from source. Wine-20030911.tar.gz . I followed the
instructions at franks corner. During the install I got the following
error message.

./tools/wineinstall: programs/regedit/regedit: No such file or directory
Registry install failed..

I was unable to import the registry per instructions because the
registry never installed. when i type regedit I get the following error
message

bash$ su
Password:
asus:/c/windows# regedit
Could not stat /cdrom (No such file or directory), ignoring drive D:
Could not stat /root/.wine/%HOME% (No such file or directory), ignoring
drive F:For language 'en' several language ids were found:
en_US - 0409; en_GB - 0809; en_AU - 0C09; en_CA - 1009; en_NZ - 1409;
en_IE - 1809; en_ZA - 1C09; en_JM - 2009; en_CB - 2409; en_BZ - 2809;
en_TT - 2C09; en_ZW - 3009; en_PH - 3409;
Instead of using first in the list, suggest to define
your LANG environment variable like this: LANG=en_US
regedit: No file name is specified
Usage:
    regedit filename
    regedit /E filename [regpath]
    regedit /D regpath

filename - registry file name
regpath - name of the registry key

When is called without any switches adds contents of the specified
registry file to the registry

Switches:
    /E - exports contents of the specified registry key to the specified
        file. Exports the whole registry if no key is specified.
    /D - deletes specified registry key
    /S - silent execution, can be used with any other switch.
        The only existing mode, exists for compatibility with Windows
regedit.
    /V - advanced mode, can be used with any other switch.
        Ignored, exists for compatibility with Windows regedit.
    /L - location of system.dat file. Can be used with any other switch.
        Ignored. Exists for compatibility with Windows regedit.
    /R - location of user.dat file. Can
be used with any other switch.
        Ignored. Exists for compatibility with Windows regedit.
    /? - print this help. Any other switches are ignored.
    /C - create registry from. Not implemented.

Any ideas ???