configure new wine

owigger at hispeed.ch owigger at hispeed.ch
Fri Sep 12 06:31:44 CDT 2003

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, eric wrote:

>   By reading the doc's install page, I success uninstall cvs 's wine reinstall
> 8/13' wine, then test again, it indeed repeat the ikernel problem, but it at
> least configure correct by default.  So I copy /root/.wine/config to
> /root/oldwineconfig.  Then uninstall it again as doc indicate, then install
> cvs again, after that I cp oldwineconfig  /etc/wine/config and
> /root/.wine/config
>
> then run my app, it still show segmentation fault

Wine crashes all the time and in many different ways,
this is expected behaviour :-)

However, it never segfaults. A segmentation fault indicates
an internal consistency of wine itself, as opposed to merely
an incompativility with Windows.

Your wine installation is probably corrupted, using wrong
shared libraries or something. I suggest you remove everything
and do a clean new installation.

good luck
Othmar