Problems running Wine on RH 9

ismgr ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Mon Sep 15 08:18:39 CDT 2003

I just recently downloaded the rpm for RH 9 from SourceForge and installed it
as best I could find docs.

After installation, I have no idea how to get anything to run inside the Wine
environment.

I looked over the docs on the website and then was trying different things,
like:

[chris at 4ulord chris]$ wine [option] program name (like notepad.exe or
whatever)

but I can't seem to get anything but errors trying to run apps in wine.

I checked the permissions on the .wine directory and all seemed OK there, but
if someone can point me to some docs for all that, I'd really appreciate it.

The docs I found talked more about troubleshooting a compiled install instead
of from the rpm.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris