editbox - not painting text

Doug Herbert dougy_herbert at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 22:04:10 CDT 2003

Hi all,

I am trying to track down a problem I have with
running a windows app under wine. The app runs fine,
just that the text within editboxes is not being
displayed until you tab into the field.

I have compiled a real basic form with text fields (
using Visual Studio ) and this basic app works
displays the text edit fields fine.

Next, I started wine using 'wine --debugmsg edit
programname' for both the basic app and the problem
app.

I see both logging 'Creating ANSI edit control, style
= xxxxx'

but the style reference is different between apps - I
am not sure if this the cause or not.

The problem app reports style = 54011104 and the basic
app shows style = 50010080.

Can somebody explain  what this style reference means
and how do I force an app to use a certain style of
edit box ?

Regards

Doug Herbert.