Wine and RH 9

ismgr ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Wed Sep 24 08:30:45 CDT 2003

I am running RH 9 on an older box at home and wondering where I went wrong.

I had downloaded the rpm version (the latest that I saw) from SourceForge and
rpmed it, but when I went to run it at the command line, I typed:

[chris at 4ulord.sytes chris]$ wine notepad.exe

And I got errors right away.

I read the docs and it suggested trying to start wine with debug running and
so I tried that and after a bazillion debug error lines, it died.

Has anyone had success installing the rpm version on RH9?

If so, is there additional files that I need to remove that didn't get removed
in the removal process?

Thanks!

Chris