Do these apps work under WINE?

deedee emrys943 at netscape.net
Wed Sep 24 09:49:25 CDT 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:41:52 -0400, Timothy Luoma wrote:
> I'm wondering of anyone has experience with the following
> apps running under WINE:
>
> ACT!6
> WordPerfect9
> UltraEdit 10
>
> If so, can you comment on how well they have worked and if
> you have run into any problems.

I use WordPerfect9 with Wine. Two inconveniences. (1) When opening or
saving files, only the filenames that have been cached on the opening
drop-down list can be opened or saved -- I simply rename files I want
to work on to a path and name already on the list. (2) I have problems
navigating a file unless Reveal Codes are showing -- so I keep Reveal
Codes on at all times. Other than those two things, I've had no
problems using it.

deedee
Registered Linux User #327485

Visit "WordStar & GNU/Linux"