Can't install Microsoft SQLserver 2000 Client Tools

Craig Davison craig at darkcalgary.com
Thu Sep 25 15:41:24 CDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> Follow frankscorner.org hints and it will be OK.

Actually I was able to get IE5.5SP2 installed thanks to a guide in the
WineHQ App DB. Now my install aborts when I get as far as "Setup is
installing Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) ...".

It exits with a dialog that says "Installation of the Microsoft Data
Access Components package failed. (-1)". The following console messages
are displayed:

fixme:process:CreateProcessA (F:\standard\x86\other\sqlredis.exe,...):
CREATE_SEPARATE_WOW_VDM ignored
fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored
fixme:process:CreateProcessA (E:\IXP001.TMP\setupre.exe,...):
NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS ignored
fixme:string:MultiByteToWideChar MB_USEGLYPHCHARS not supported
fixme:string:MultiByteToWideChar MB_USEGLYPHCHARS not supported
fixme:string:MultiByteToWideChar MB_USEGLYPHCHARS not supported
fixme:string:MultiByteToWideChar MB_USEGLYPHCHARS not supported

I've read that you can install MDAC (MDAC_TYP.EXE from microsoft's
website) separately. Maybe this is different?

BTW, thanks for your reply, Sylvain