Sending SETI units from SETI Driver

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Tue Sep 30 18:22:00 CDT 2003

Duane Clark wrote:

> Holly Bostick wrote:

>> I assumed that this was a problem with my Wine settings which needed
>> to be adjusted in order to allow SETI Driver to do whatever it does
>> to upload the units. But since I don't know anything about how either
>> Wine or SETI Driver work, I might be completely wrong and the problem
>> is with settings in SETI Driver, or perhaps there is no such Wine
>> configuration setting that the user can adjust.
>

> Oops, I at least had never heard of SETI Driver, and it seems the link
> from the SETI site is broken. That said, there is no internet
> configuration to be done within Wine. However, there are still quite a
> few bugs in Wine's internet code. So if everything works except for
> the internet connection, probably the only  thing that can be done is
> to fix the Wine code.

Thanks, Duane, that's the kind of thing I was hoping to learn.

For anyone else who might want to look at the program, it can also be
downloaded from
http://www.wakeassoc.com/setidriver/Download_and_Installation.htm-- it
seems to be just the index page of the site that's down, but the
download links still work, as does the link on that page to the "First
Run Instructions", which has a screenshot of the program... beats me.

Holly