Problems with Autoroute Express 2003

Robert Jung syvox at chello.at
Fri Apr 16 18:19:25 CDT 2004

Hello

Sorry for sending this mail to maillinglist and newsgroup, but I want be
shure, that as much as possible wine-users are reading this an perhaps
someone has a clou for me.

I am very new to wine, but tried nearly everything to get MS Autroute
Express 2003 to run.
(I need this Program for work, have to drive much and afaik it is the only
map program, which can zoom to city maps for even for  the smallest
villages.

First I tried to install the program with wine (wine setup.exe) but it
didn't work, some mysterious errormessage and quit.

Then I copied the installed folder from a windows-computer to my notebook(of
course into my virtual c drive) and tried again hmmm now i got the
errormessage from wine, that some dlls where missing.
No problem, I thought. copied the DLLs to the right folder, changed the path
in the wincfg and FINALY.........

It didn't work:-)
Now I got the errormessage (a WindowsMSG Box ), that the program was not
correctly installed, so the registry entrys were missing.
I copied every registry key, which had something to do with autoroute,
from the WindowsPC, and tried again...
And again... the thing won't work... But no DLLs were missing, no wine
error... simply this message...
Has someone a clou, how I can get rid of this?

THX

Robert