semlpt.vxd

David Bremner bremner at unb.ca
Sun Apr 18 08:18:18 CDT 2004

I have a windows application that uses direct access to the
printer port LPT1 via "semlpt.vxd".  I understand in general
VxD's are not supported (because they  run in ring 0, correct?)
but that some have been replaced by wine drivers.

Has anyone seen this particular VxD before?  Google turned up nothing
which was very strange.  Would it be something supplied by the
application?

I saw there was support in wine for bidirectional parallel port
access, but I couldn't really see the details.

BTW, the same application does not work in NT.

db