copy and paste Chinese

Stian Haklev shaklev at gmx.net
Mon Apr 19 03:20:02 CDT 2004

I am using Wine to access Wenlin, a reader programme for Chinese that is
essential to me in my studies (the only Windows programme that I cannot
live without). It works very well in Wine, however when I copy from a X
application (which I frequently want to do, to look up a word on a
webpage etc), it gets copied in a weird format, it just gives me lots of
question marks (once I got it to give me \X0443 etc, don't remember
how). Is there a setting in Wine somewhere that enables this? (Copying
Chinese text from one X programme to another works perfectly, and
copying Chinese text from a Windows programme to Wenlin works as well.

Any help much appreciated.

Stian Haklev
Hangzhou