AoE not recon DDraw, Word hangs

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists at icequake.net
Wed Apr 21 15:52:21 CDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 12:54:59PM +0200, Ivan Leo Murray-Smith wrote:
> AoE 2 works quite well in wine, at least the trial version. Try this: Get
> wine-20040309 from
> http://www.winehq.com/site/download
> now install AoE and the Conqueros expansion directly on wine, using a fake
> windows installation, don't rely on the files installed on the xp partition, now
> try running the game, all should be fine.

Have you tried to run the Conquerors expansion actually?  I can run AoK
fine (empires2.exe) but attempting to invoke the expansion (age2_x1.exe)
crashes Wine with an exception most of the time.  I just tried it with a
recent wine, and it crashes with an unimplemented function:

fixme:seh:EXC_RtlRaiseException call to unimplemented function dpnhpast.dll.DirectPlayNATHelpCreate

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>