[Wine]how to get a start menu from scratch?

cedric cedric.de.wijs at softhome.net
Tue Aug 3 13:03:07 CDT 2004

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 09:08, Rein Klazes wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 07:56:33 +0000, you wrote:
> > Hi all, I've compiled wine from source without using the wineinstall
> > program. I also deleted all my old wine files, made a fresh windows drive
> > (empty directory) and tried to install starcraft.
> >
> > It complains about not be able to find the start menu, so i decided to
> > add some directories:
> >
> > mkdir -p windows windows/system windows/Start\ Menu windows/Start\
> > Menu/Programs
> The program looks up the value of "Start Menu" in the registry:
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\
> I think if you let wineprefixcreate create that default configuration,
> it will take care of this and other registry entries.
> Rein.
Now that i think about it, i have a lot of wine programs. Is there a list
somewhere of what each does?

wine              winebuild         winedump          winemine
wine-kthread      winecfg           winefile          winepath
wine-preloader    wineclipsrv       wineg++           wineprefixcreate
wine-pthread      wineconsole       winegcc           wineserver
wineboot          winecpp           winelauncher      wineshelllink
winebrowser       winedbg           winemaker

The only dumb question is the one omitted

De enige domme vraag is degene die niet gesteld wordt