[Wine]VVDQ : GPS/topo-map software?

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Sat Aug 14 09:26:35 CDT 2004

Can anyone please hazard a guess at an estimate for a poor old squirrel
hunter with a Very Very Dumb Question? Is wine likely to be able to
install and run any of the proprietary GPS-interfacing topo map programs
(DeLorme, Garmin, Mapquest, et al.) at any roughly predictable future
date? The season opens in three weeks, my GPS (Garmin's etrex vista) is
full -- and it still contains road maps instead of topo maps, because I
can't upload the good ones from linux (FC1). I'm getting almost hard up
enough to break down and run MegaScat for real on some throw-away machine
kept offline.  How long will it be, if I do,  before I can take such a
machine out and shoot it to put it out of its misery?

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!