[Wine]a quetsion on charset

michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com
Sat Aug 14 20:27:44 CDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 01:26:30PM +0800, wang sunzen wrote:
> hi, all
>   I am a new user of wine. when i run it , the following messages are
> printed.
>
> fixme:nls:init_default_lcid charset GB18030 was not recognized;

Hmm... I can't decode this message, but if I remember correctly, GB is a
chinese charset.  I know wine works properly under european charsets -
i.e. the ones used in say, US English or similar.

> what should i do to handle it ?

Write multi-lingual or unicode support if it isn't there, or try
changing charsets and/or kernels, maybe?  You could try CVS or
wine-devel also, but ask someone else first about the latter of those
two.