[Wine]Program cannot find COM ports

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 17 05:29:01 CDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:13:42 +0200, you wrote:

> > > use them by the program (with WINEDEBUG=all). However, I've found an attempt
> > > to use the key "Hardware\\DeviceMap\\SerialComm", which is not present in
> > > any of my registry files.
> > >   Because I have no experiences with windoze, I'm a pure Linux user, I would
> > > like to ask, whether it's possible to "fake" the key with some meaningful
> > > value to make the program happy and use my serial ports.
> >
> > Well, you can add the registry keys of course with regedit.
> I know that :-), but I don't know the value of the keys, i.e. what should I
> add... Could somebody write, what are the correct contents of the key ?
> Sorry for wrong formulation of my original question :-).

On my win2K machine I have in that key
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\Devicemap\SerialComm) two string values
named \Device\Serial0 and \Device\Serial1 that have values COM1 and
COM2.

I do not see anything like that in a Win98 machine. Setting the window
version to win98 is another thing you can try to run your program.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl