[Wine]Dreamweaver MX encountered a fatal exception

Angela Burrell angela at jobsearchnetwork.ca
Tue Aug 17 09:02:14 CDT 2004

Hi there

I'm trying to get Dreamweaver to run. I've installed it according to the
instructions at Frank's Corner.

My stats: Linux Mandrake 9.2 (kernel 2.4.22), and wine20040716. my
fake_windows directory is a native FAT32 format. I am emulating Windows ME.

When I type "wine Dreamweaver.exe", wine starts and Dreamweaver begins to
load, showing the splash screen. After about 2 or 3 minutes, a pop up
windows comes up with the error: "Dreamweaver encountered a fatal exception.
Dreamweaver will now terminate. [OK]". Wine dies when i click OK.

The terminal does not show any error messages.

The stranger thing is that my fake_windows drive is shared through samba: I
can access it with a Windows 98 machine. If I browse to the executable on my
fake_windows drive with my Win98 machine, I can run dreamweaver fine. (the
only thing is that my Win98 machine has 32 MB of RAM, so it takes forever to
do anything). So the install seems to be fine: It's just running it that's
the problem.

I am interested if anyone with Mandrake 9.2 has been able to get Dreamweaver
MX working and if so, what wine version you have and your config file if
possible. I really want this to work.

Thanks :)
--AB