[Wine]MS office and spell checker

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Fri Aug 20 11:28:22 CDT 2004

Dan Sawyer wrote:
> All,
>
> The last two releases of wine have failed to run spell checker, either
> work or excel. This is a native partition. A boot and run works
> successfully.

What does a "boot and run works successfully" mean? For me at least,
spell check in Word2K seems to work fine. For what it is worth, I am
running current CVS, have the Wine "Version" set to win2k, and am using
all Wine DLLs except for msvcrt.dll.

> Is this known? How can it be debugged?

Generally, if it breaks, a regression test is the easiest thing. It is
not real difficult, but does require CVS.
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-devel/cvs-regression