[Wine]MS office and spell checker

Dan Sawyer dansawyer at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 22 14:09:11 CDT 2004

Thanks for the reply:

This is a dual boot machine. MSOffice '97 is installed in a win98 native
parttion. From a boot of that partition MSword and MSexcel both find and
run spell checker successfully.

In both the July and August released of Wine spell checker does not
work. As of the July release the order to dll search was changed to all
builtin dll's.

Word fails to offer the spell checker option under tools at all. Excel
offers it but them fails with a "cannot initialize spell checker" error
message.

Thanks,
Dan