[Wine]MS office and spell checker

Dan Sawyer dansawyer at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 22 15:56:15 CDT 2004

An update:

This may be a registry issue. I recall that in order to get the July
release to work it was necessary set the "LoadWindowsRegistryFiles"
parameter to N. For the heck of it I tried to reset that back to Y.
Spell checker now works.

There is a small anomaly that error messages that used to appear as
dialog boxes now appear as a unique box outside of the main window.

Is there a current primer on how to set up the registry from scratch? I
understand that there has been a major change in that area in the last
several months. If there is a way to clear the Wine registry and
reinitialize that would be a reasonable thing to do and might clean some
of this up.

Dan