[Wine]permissions, kernel-2.6.8, and wine-20040813

Parameshwara Bhat pbhat at ongc.net
Wed Aug 25 19:59:07 CDT 2004

Hello,

This problem may not be due to kernel. I am running FC1 and
wine-20040505-1fc1winehq and I also have the same problem. I can run wine
as root with Msoffice but not as myself(user), but I can run notepad and
minesweeper as myself.

This should be a permissions issue and not related to kernel features. My
own kernel is 2.4.22-1.2194.nptlcustom and I had the same problem with
2.4.22-1.2115.nptl kernel too.

Also, If you set up Temp = /tmp, word and excel both produce page faults.
But if you change this to a folder under mounted native windows, word and
excel can be run as root.

Parameshwara Bhat