[Wine]Re: batch file fails, individual programs in it run

michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com
Wed Aug 25 21:42:28 CDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 12:37:11AM -0500, Joel Uckelman wrote:
> Thus spake "Ivan Leo Puoti":
> [snip]
> > > int main() { return 0; }
> > did you compile it with mingw?
>
> No, I compiled it with MSVC.
>
> > > and f=
> > oo.bat was created like this: echo 'foo.exe' >foo.bat
> > have you tried
> > echo wine foo.exe > foo.bat ?
>
> I don't understand how that would help. The batch file shouldn't invoke
> wine, since it's a Windows batch file, right?

I know this sounds stupid, but maybe wine's "command line interpreter"
simply mimics a linux shell, therefore making adding the word 'wine'
helpful?  It might bear mentioning that partially modified DOS batch
scripts might actually work under, say, bash, if set up right.  *shrugs*

And it's not a Windows batch file, it's a DOS batch file, right?  Which
is normally run under a Windows DOS emulation command prompt thingie.