[Wine]installshield problem

Michael Pope michael at dtcorp.com.au
Thu Aug 26 21:34:55 CDT 2004

Hello,

I'm new to wine and haven't had much luck so far.  I'm trying to get
MYOB Premier v8 working under freeBSD and keep getting this error:

1: Internal error in Windows Installer
then i get
1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime.
It's using InstallShield 6 i think, and I don't know what i have to do
to get that working.

I'm trying to run this from a user account, not root.  The user is a
super user and I've ran winecfg for that user which setup a few things,
I made it use a Virtual Desktop and act as Win XP not sure if I should
do those things though.

Here is some more information:

/cdrom $ wine setup
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryVolumeInformationFile device info not properly
supported on this platform
fixme:file:get_default_drive_device auto detection of DOS devices not
supported on this platform
fixme:msi:MsiGetProductInfoA "" "PackageCode" 0x2069dc74 0x2069dcac
fixme:msi:MsiGetProductInfoW L"" L"PackageCode" 0x203f34a8 0x2069dcac
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryVolumeInformationFile device info not properly
supported on this platform
fixme:file:get_default_drive_device auto detection of DOS devices not
supported on this platform
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryVolumeInformationFile device info not properly
supported on this platform
fixme:advapi:SetThreadToken (0x0, 0x0): stub (NT impl. only)
fixme:advapi:SetThreadToken (0x0, 0x44): stub (NT impl. only)
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryVolumeInformationFile device info not properly
supported on this platform
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryVolumeInformationFile device info not properly
supported on this platform
err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE [0x10023] GetDC() without ReleaseDC()!
fixme:msi:MsiSetInternalUI 00000002 0x0
fixme:msi:MsiInstallProductW L"E:\\_isb43\\isscript.msi"
L"REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADDLOCAL=All"

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank You,
From