[Wine] Re: Pegasus Mail: Opening HTTP links in linux browser

Timo Steuerwald timo.steuerwald at gmx.de
Sat Aug 28 05:55:57 CDT 2004

Am 27 Aug 2004 um 23:14 hat Saulius Krasuckas geschrieben:

> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Timo Steuerwald wrote:
> > Hello together,
> >
> > i would like to open HTTP links in common linux browsers. So, how must I configure
> > Pegasus Mail and wine to do so?
> >
> > I've found the following posting about a similar problem from Rein Klazes here:
> > http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-users/2003/12/0053.html
>
> I am sorry for ignoring the rest of your analysis.  IMHO winebrowser
> application, which comes with Wine should suffice for that task.  I've
> found one message [1] on the wine-devel list with the patch, in which you
> can find winebrowser using some registry key.  Here it is:
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\wine\config\winebrowser\browser]
> @="mozilla,netscape,konqueror,galeon,opera"
>
> IMHO you only need to adjust the default value of this branch of a
> registry.

Hi Saulius!

Thanks for the answer!

In which file should I add/modify this line? - I can't find an entry beginning with
"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\" in user.reg or system.reg.

What I've found is the following item in user.reg:
[Software\\Wine\\WineBrowser] 1088978394
"Browsers"="sensible-browser"

What means "sensible-browser"????  BTW: Can anybody explain which meaning the
numbers at the end of the headline of a registry item has?

The "link" (or whatever it exactly is) "winebrowser" works also in my installation.
"winebrowser <URL>" starts mozilla with the used URL, but it isn't registered as as
default browser. Pegasus Mail also don't start mozilla if I even use "winebrowser" as
user defined web browser via the settings dialog.

Any ideas?

Bye,

Timo