[Wine]Pegasus Mail: Opening HTTP links in linux browser

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 28 09:06:07 CDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:03:44 +0200, you wrote:

> Hello together,
>
> i would like to open HTTP links in common linux browsers. So, how must I configure
> Pegasus Mail and wine to do so?
>
> I've found the following posting about a similar problem from Rein Klazes here:
> http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-users/2003/12/0053.html
>
> OK, I tried this...
> in system.reg:
>
> [Software\\CLASSES\\htmlfile\\shell\\open\\command] 1093618289
> @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Konqueror\\konqueror %1\""
>
> [Software\\CLASSES\\http\\shell\\open\\command] 1093618289
> @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Konqueror\\konqueror %1\""
>
> konqueror.exe looks like this:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> echo starting konqueror $1
> if [ "$1" != "" ]; then
> /usr/bin/konqueror "$1"
> fi
>
> But it didn't works even if Pegasus Mail should use the konqueror.exe file directly
> (user defined browser was defined about the file open dialog).

It does not work here either (I get a crash). Fortunately you don't need
it with Pegasus, see below.

> Running wine with --debugmsg +reg doesn't output any registry operations.

What version of wine are you using? The --debugmsg option has been
replaced ages ago. You must now run wine like:

WINEDEBUG=+reg wine ...

> I also tried this with another application, Total Commanders "Help->Visit Totalcmd's
> Web Site" menu item, same result. :-(
> The script itself is ok, i can start it i.e. per Total Commander build-in command line.

I have in my home directory (H: for wine) this script:

$ cat mozilla
 #!/bin/sh
 echo $0
 unset TMP TEMP
 /usr/bin/mozilla "$@"

Under Pegasus option_>hyperlinks I have "H:\mozilla"

Make sure the option "Find browser automatically" is disabled.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl