[Wine]M$-Word 2000 - Exit on start

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 28 11:54:02 CDT 2004

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:36:31 +0200, you wrote:

> i guy, i've installed latest wine release (2004/08/13) for Lx-Mandrake
> 10.0. I've a dual boot laptop with lx e w$ (ME edition)..when i start word
> it tell "You must install this product" i must press the "OK" button (the
> onlyone) and the program exit...i've this setting in conf file.
> "LoadWindowsRegistryFiles" = "N" (with "Y" wine return with "Unhandled
> exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...")

Well, when you do not load the windows registry, any program that
depends on the information in there will not work. My guess is that
MSWord exits before it gets a chance to crash.

So you must set it to "Y" and debug.

When you do that, does this crash happen with all programs (try notepad)
or just with MSWord?

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes