[Fwd: Re: [Wine]segmentation error]

John Williamson roseneath at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 30 15:12:13 CDT 2004

Realise I've sent this to the wrong email address. Apologies to recipient.

> > I've only just learnt what CVS is for. I've had a look at setting up a
> > cvs client but have got mightily confused. Is there a good site  that
> > explains how to set it up and then use it for a first-timer.
> >

> Did you read the instructions at http://www.winehq.org/site/cvs ?
>
> Rein.

Never got chance to have a look at CVS but August version has stopped
the segfault. However when I run quickbooks it hangs for ages on
eventually load after about 20 minutes. Unfortunately it is then locked
up. I tried testing notepad, but this loads briefly then crashes with
the following errors,

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  15 (X_QueryTree)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x3400004
  Serial number of failed request:  122
  Current serial number in output stream:  122"

Where do I go from here? I cannot obtain strace info if needed.

Thanks