[Wine]Quicken Home & Office 2002

lennox reid wineusers at idodat.com
Mon Aug 30 20:37:59 CDT 2004

First, let me apologize if this has been asked/answered numerous times,
but I cannot seem to find a searchable mailing list archive for
wineusers.

After a 1.5 year break from trying to get quicken home & office 2002 to
work under wine, I tried again this weekend.  Install went well.  I
could not register because the registration box was empty -- though it
seemed to get further than it has in the past.  All seemed to work well,
and it even brought up my data file and allowed me to work with it.  I
entered a few transactions, but quickly realized that there was a
problem with the "Category" box.  Any time I enter data in the category
box where the category is not the first item listed with the starting
letter, wine crashes.  E.g: If you have categories Auto, Bank, Beer,
then typing "Bank" works fine, but typing "Beer" crashes when you type
the "e".  Also, grabbing the scroll bar with the mouse crashes it.

Sometimes, I get a window saying "An error occured during the last
task.  Please restart quicken."  Usually it just drops to a
wine-debugger, leaving the quicken window up until I quit the debugger.
once in a while it kills the quicken window and drops to a debugger.

I am using wine-20040813-mdk.i586.rpm, and have tried this on both a
Mandrake 9.1 box and a Mandrake 9.2 box with the same results.  I have
no special configuration beyond what the wine installation sets, and no
real windows installation.  I have no native dll's installed, though I
can get them if I need to.

The error output looks like this:

wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0035), starting debugger...
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x406205b0,1) - no error checking
or testing yet
WineDbg starting on pid 0x34
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x0000001c in 32-bit
code (0x4113bfc8).
In 32 bit mode.
0x4113bfc8: movl        0x1c(%esi),%eax

Wine-dbg>bt
Backtrace:
=>1 0x4113bfc8 (0x406efc50)
  2 0x00776708 (0x406efe38)
  3 0x00776720 (0x406eff10)
  4 0x00775e50 (0x406eff38)
  5 0x4059eca8 __wine_exception_handler in kernel32 (0xffffffff)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.  It is much appreciated!

-lennox