[Wine]IEXPLORE not working for me

Joris Huizer jorishuizer at planet.nl
Tue Aug 31 03:48:31 CDT 2004

N. Owen Gunden wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 02:51:37PM +0200, Joris Huizer wrote:
>
>>Just yesterday, I decided to give the current wine in cvs another try
>>(I was using the monthly version that came out a week ago before that)
>>-- and it seems thing's gotten better as IEXPLORE.EXE *works* (it did
>>in the monthly version, but I hadn't seen it run successfully on
>>wine-cvs before)
>>
>>(last time I installed IE using
>>http://www.frankscorner.org/index.php?p=ie6  method 2)
>

> I just installed IE6 according to method 2 on that page as well.  I
> think I've almost got it working; when I start IEXPLORE.EXE an explorer
> window pops up but nothing happens when I type a url in and hit enter
> (or click "go").  I just have a blank page.  Nothing comes up in the
> status bar either.  I do get a lot of these messages (about 50 every
> time I do anything in the explorer window) spammed to the terminal that
> started wine:
>
> fixme:win:GetProcessWindowStation (void): stub
> fixme:win:GetProcessWindowStation (void): stub
>
> I'm using the cvs version of wine that I checked out yesterday (August
> 29).  Kernel 2.6.8, gentoo linux.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!
>
>  - O

I completely removed ~/.wine, let wine configure the "windows
directories" ( tools/wineinstall ) and put in the files in the correct
directories
It then just worked - and keeps working, I just downloaded the cvs of
today (August 31) and let it build a new wine of that -- no problems
tries to use something ugly in iexplore which is missing in wine -- and
iexplore *crashes* )

Those fixme lines are generated here as well, that's not your problem;
I'm using "Linux debian 2.6.7.040821 #1 Sat Aug 21 22:57:01 CEST 2004
i686 GNU/Linux"

HTH,

Joris