[Wine]IEXPLORE not working for me (was: EXPLORE in wine/cvs works!)

M-Halo masochisthalo at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 11:17:07 CDT 2004

> I just installed IE6 according to method 2 on that
> page as well.  I
> think I've almost got it working; when I start
> IEXPLORE.EXE an explorer
> window pops up but nothing happens when I type a url
> in and hit enter
> (or click "go").  I just have a blank page.  Nothing
> comes up in the
> status bar either.

I haven't tried installing IE on the latest Wine, but
I did experience this same behavior on older versions.
 I had to reinstall Wine and reinstall IE; then it
worked.  If you have kept your compiled source, it
should only take a you a few minutes to make uninstall
the old version, delete your .wine and fake_windows
directory, and then run tools/wineinstall again.
Follow that with method 2.

Hope that helps!
Hiji

=====