[Wine]reply should be to: [email protected] not author

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Dec 7 01:04:31 CST 2004

Brad Fuller wrote:

> Why does this mailing list do that? Can't it be configured like most
> other lists for reply to: wine-users at winehq.org
>
> I often forget to look at the To: to see who it's going to --- I just
> assume that when I hit "reply" the msg will go back to the list (as it
> should.  it is a "distribution list" after all)

Most lists I'm on default to replying to the individual who sent the
email, so I don't think we can safely generalize that "most other lists"
use the list address as the default reply-to.

I've even been on lists in which replies were REQUIRED to be sent to the
originating individual, who was then responsible for summarizing the
replies, along with the answer/solution to the original post, and
sending only the SUMMARY back to the list. Helps keep list archives a
bit more manageable size, I guess.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com